Five Easy Ways to Balance Muladhara (Root) Chakra
As you found out in our previous article chakra state can have a great influence on overall feeling of a person and health. Unbalanced chakra can lead to exhaustion, bad sleep and lack of energy. One of seven chakras which are present in a human body is responsible for functioning of particular organs. You will learn more information on root chakra or Muladhara chakra in this post.
Muladhara chakra is also known as Root chakra. It is located at the base of the spine and considered to be the first stage of the ladder of chakras. In other words, it is the starting point of people’s spiritual development. That is why it is vital to awake this chakra which helps people to develop confidence and maintain stability in their life.
As regards a physiology, Muladhara chakra has an impact on the functioning of locomotor apparatus, pelvis and colon. Thus, when it is blocked, the main physical problems are weight gain (or loss), constipation, pelvic pain and incontinence.
So, what are the ways to avoid these issues and keep Root chakra in balance?
- The energy of Muladhara is aimed at basic needs satisfaction. That is why it is inherently connected with manual work. When Muladhara chakra is balanced, a person cares about him- or herself and the home. Thus, the first way to keep this Chakra in balance is housework such as cooking, sewing, knitting or gardening.
- As Muladhara chakra is associated with the earth element, it can be maintained with the help of asanas, which develop legs and feet, and stand-up asanas, which cultivate a sense of earthiness in your feet, legs, and pelvic floor. These asanas include Sukhasana (Easy Pose), Balasana (Child’s Pose), Trikonasana (Triangle Pose), Tadasana (Mountain Pose) and Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose). As regards mantra chanting, the bija mantra for muladhara chakra is LAM. It can be chanted out loud or silently.
- One more effective way to keep Root chakra in balance is aromatherapy. The essential oils can be applied on the corresponding chakra area or can be diffused with the help of oil warmer during meditation or massage. The main essential oils for Muladhara chakra balancing are sandalwood, patchouli, cypress, elemi, cedarwood or cedar, rosewood, frankincense, clary sage, vetiver, carrot, cardamon, clove, oakmoss, ginger, benzoin.
- In addition, in order to harmonize Muladhara chakra you need to eat food, which will help to keep you grounded, such as root vegetables (potato, carrot, beetroot, onion, ginger), proteins (meats, eggs, beans, nuts) and red foods (strawberries, apples, pomegranate, tomato, raspberries). The alchemic operation here is calcination (heat) because fire traces us back to the times when people lived in a more primal way that is inherently connected with the nature of Muladhara chakra.
- Another popular items for chakra healing are stones and minerals. As Muladhara chakra corresponds with red colour, it can be balanced mostly with red and black stones and minerals as well as brown and grey ones. They include Red Carnelian, Red Calcite, Bloodstone, Hematite, Obsidian, Onyx, Black Tourmaline and Shungite.
One way to apply crystal energy is meditation or other spiritual practices. You can also wear them on the body in the form of jewelry or just carry small stones in your pocket to receive the associated energy. That is why, in our store you can find different types of shungite products – from harmonizers and spheres to pendants and keychains.
In other words, Muladhara or Root chakra is very essential for our health because it has an influence on the work of the rest of chakras. Thus, you have an opportunity to try different ways of keeping it in balance.